Many people in Dubai love to visit the beaches and go on a fishing trip in a yacht. However, tourists are unaware of the techniques through which they can catch a fish. If you have chartered a boat to go offshore and deep fishing for snapper, blackfin tuna, or blue marlin, you must know the important aspects of fishing. Your private yacht rental will provide a professional crew to take you out into the Arabian Sea. If it is your first time on a fishing excursion, consider the following tips that can help you spend a great day. However, if you have already done many fishing trips, you can learn a few new trips to boost your experience.
Our Top 10 Tips for a Fishing Excursion
- Always make sure to check the wrecks and reefs. The small sized fish usually live among artificial and natural reefs or shipwrecks, and they are also the main target for big fish. You can catch a big fish by placing your bait near its hunting grounds.
- You will need fast-trolling lures for fish like tuna which swim fast.
- When you come across birds such as seagulls are flying around any specific area, place your bait there. There could a group of small fish or the large fish in search of prey.
- Tuna and dolphins swim together, so if you are fishing for yellowfin tuna keep an eye on other fish.
- You can also drop the bait into the reef by anchoring the boat because snapper or grouper usually swim there.
- If it is your first time, use artificial or natural bait to troll around a buoy, it will help you get the attention of fish.
- You can use large jigs as lures to throw the bait deep into the water if you want to catch large fish.
- The nautical map, GPS, or fish finder in a boat can also come handy during fishing on a yacht. Most fishing boats are equipped with the latest fishing equipment and navigation gear.
- If you get motion sickness on the boat or have never tried deep sea fishing, take some medication beforehand. The medication is not effective once the sickness starts so make sure to have it before the trip. If you still feel a little bit queasy, go up on the deck and stay for a while in the fresh air while looking at the horizon. You should avoid going below the deck to rest or sleep.
- Make sure to take an expert with you as inexperienced people should not go out alone. It is best to hire a fishing yacht with experienced crew.
When planning to have a great fishing on a yacht while visiting Dubai, boat rental can be the perfect option to make it happen. You can also search online and find the best captain to enjoy this relaxing sport. A private fishing trip is far much better than an over-worked, crowded tourist boat.